08 April 2010

the making of Flag Poi

One of the things I'm getting into at the moment is Poi Spinning.
I love the dancing side, and saw this amazing video and was inspired to make my own:


So a quick trip to the fabric shop and here we go:

1) Cut fabric triangles:


2) Sew up edges.
3) Pull chain through all thr way down leading edge and some way across the base, leaving some "flap" but making it hard for it to coil up. I used a safety pin to pull it through.

4) Sew chain on so doesn't slip while spinning.

5)Spin!

2 comments:

  1. I have some Poi packed away somewhere. It is something I have always wanted to learn. I like your pretty rainbow ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    Poi are great fun. I've only been doing it for a few weeks and its amazing how impressive it looks already.
    Dust them off and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!