07 April 2012

Australiana Biscuits


Tonight we're having a party to celebrate our recently acquired Australian-ness.
I decided to put all my Australian shaped biscuit cutters to good use.
How cute did they turn out!

The echidna


  • 185g butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups plain flour




The dough was really hard to work with, and really sweet, so next time i think I'll use less sugar.
To make it  a bit more manageable, I rolled it out between greaseproof paper, and threw it into the freezer to firm up for 5 minutes before cutting, so that the shapes cut out and held their shape.

Then into the oven until just brown, leave to cool, then I iced with plain icing mix.
The hubby iced with squeezy chocolate frosting. Spot his ;)

Platypus

Om-nom-wombat

Frill neck lizard

Koala

A different platypus

The hubbys frosting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!